Sunday, July 9, 2006

Last Day in Berlin

Can't he;lp to feel so sad. I really do not want to leave this place. I love Berlin. The atmosphere here is great. The German organization made sure that regardless of tickets for the games every one has a month of party. Aimee and I are really glad to be back in Berlin. Berlin has many faces, the east side (the old communist part) is very hippy like; sort of like Austin. The west side is incredible, big businesses, old historical buildings and a lot of history. For right now, the whole city has the face of football. Last night, while having dinner at the "Hard Rock Cafe Berlin" we watched the Germans win the third place. The city went crazy right after the final second. They celebrated like they have won the championship. It was beautiful to be here and see them yelled, jumped, sang, etc. I am glad that the Germans have over come the common guilt they seemed to have before the world cup and have come together as a proud nation.

This is by far the best world cup I have been to. This has been a long month party of celebration, football, singing and making friends. I am going to miss this so much when I have to come back to my daily life.

Anyway, the final is tonight and I do not I believe I will strength to report later so, I will see you guys when I come back .

No comments:

Post a Comment