Sunday, June 18, 2006

Brazil less than expected.




OK, it has been almost three or four days since the last post, but I feel that at least I should say something about the Brazil vs Croatia game which is the first game I attended, what the heck is wrong with Ronaldo? Brazil played way under my expectations and Ronaldo literally walked through the whole game.

The positive about the experience is the fact that Aimee and I were at the stadium. The Olympic stadium is just magnificent. I could not believe I was sitting at the place where Jesse Owens won four gold medals and imposed a record of longest jump right in front of Hitler's eyes . The stadium is beautifull and it is quite an experience to be there.

The atmosphere of the game could not have been any better. Croatians never stop singing. They sing from about two hours before the game, then they sing at the game, then they sing at the end of the game, and then they sing some more at the train on its way to the hotel and then some more all the way till' 3 or 4 in morning. THEY NEVER SHUT UP! It was really cool to be there. Aimee and I sat in the "international section" but Croatians were really next to us. The fans were exchanging shirts with each other and sharing beer through out the the game. I have to say that even though Croatia lost vs Brazil they deserved a tight on the game.

Aimee and I found out where Brazil was staying prior to the game and went to look for them. We found the hotel in the hearth of Berlin and waited for about two hours for them to come out, but at the moment they were going to leave the hotel, security pushed us way back and we could only see them from far away. It is just impressive to see how pop;ular these guys are and what following they have.

Anyway, I will post later on Holland and Cologne. Hope you having a good time....

No comments:

Post a Comment