Sunday, June 11, 2006

First Day in Berlin




What a dat the first day was... We got here at 7 AM in the morning on Sunday, which means that we wasted a whole day Saturday in the plane. (Note to myself, NEVER FLY CONTINENTAL. This is probably the cheapest airline with the most reduce space ever).

Im in Berlin right now, and it has been great so far. The city is not how I imagine it would be like, there is really not that many people in the streets and in that regards it reminded of my first experience when I got to Texas. Yet, where the World Cup is going on is just incredible. There are tons of thousands of people from all over partying like crazy. Brazilians are on the street playing SAMBA and dancing until late at night. Oh Yeah! that is another thing, the sun does not go down like until 10:30 p.m. and it rises at 5 in the morning. Days here are long. People are cool and they go out of their way to help you out. The city itself is beautifull. My hostel is in east side of the city(where communist Berlin used to be). You can tell that there's still work to do on this area. For example the subways stations are not as nice as the ones on the west but this area has a nice Austin like feeling of open minded people with tons of little restaurants and coffee shops where "alternative" people hang out all day.

Anyway, Mexico 3 Iran 1.... We watched the game at fan fest,where Berlin has set up about 2 miles of street in downtown with hughes tv's and shops, etc (sort of like ACL but larger).


Also, first day and I saw the president of Ghanda and Ruthy Voller (World Champion of 1990). He is the one on the pic where I am staying right behind him.

Anyways, I will post sometime this week with pics from the game Brazil vs Croatia.

Thanks for checking us out and enjoy the games. GO MEXICO!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a blast!! I watched the Mexico v Iran game on TV, the stadium fans looked like they were going crazy with fun and excitement.

    Be safe & enjoy!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya - Mexico kicked ASS!!! The US SUCKED!!! I was really hoping for a better turn out from the US man...bummer, hopefully we'll kick Italy's ass!

    Sweden...HA! SUCKED!!

    I'll be watching the Brazil game tomorrow - do something crazy to get on the camera! I've got my DVR recording it all!

    Peace out carnal,
    ~Victoriano

    ReplyDelete